- Schedules for 2014 Posted
- The schedules for the clinics and concert programs have been posted. Click here to view them! [7/03/14]
- Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band
- With the cooperation of the Rotary Club of St. John's Northwest Rotary Music Festival is pleased to announce that the "Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band" will once again be a featured group of our annual festival. Jazz Clinician Steve Haines will be the Director of the group. Jazz band members selected for the Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band will prepare for and attend two or three rehearsals prior to the festival and perform as part of the Rotary Music Festival Gala Concert scheduled for Saturday, May 10, 2014.
Auditions will take place on Sunday, April 13, 2014. Students will be asked to prepare an excerpt that will be posted on this website and perform some sight-reading at the audition. All participants of the Rotary Music Festival are eligible to audition. [17/02/14]
- Announcing the 2014 Festival Clinicians!
- Rotary Music Festival is pleased to announce this year's roster of fantastic clinicians. Click here to read more about them. [23/08/13]
- Gerard Yun
- Carol Beynon
- Concert Band
- Colin Clarke
- Jonathan Degenais
- Paula Holcombe
- David McKinney
- Jazz Band
- Shirantha Beddage
- Steve Haines
- 2014 Dates Announced
- The dates for the 2014 Rotary Music Festival are official: May 4 to May 14th! Click here for a complete breakdown of the schedule. [05/06/13]
- Winner of Winterholme Draw Announced!
- Rotary Music Festival is pleased to announce that the winner of the Night at Winterholme draw, Rosalind Wallace. Congratulations and thank you to all who supported the Festival by purchasing tickets! [07/05/13]
- Some Testimonials from the 2013 Festival
- "You are a spectacular bunch of people. I can’t thank you enough for the invitation to work with all of these wonderful choirs from across NL. I have had a great time and I have felt very well taken care of during my time here. You are all a special bunch in my books!"
--Scott Leithead, Choral Clinician
"Thank you so much for the well organized music festival. We had a great time in St. John's. I really appreciate the atmosphere at the festival. It was evident that the community is supportive of music education and that the festival promotes the celebration of music making.
I will spread the word in PEI about what a great festival this is. I especially like that we had the opportunity to perform in a night time concert as well as perform for adjudication. I really loved the Jazz Gala concert too. It was inspiring for my students to hear professional musicians as well as students their own age."
--Bluefield High School [07/05/13]
- Another Festival comes to a close!
- The Organizing Committee of the Rotary Music Festival would like to extend our gratitude to the thousands of performers and would like to thank the directors and clinicians for their excellent and enthusiastic work. The 2013 Festival and 25th Anniversary was yet another resounding success. Our clinicians were once again impressed with the talent and quality of our province's music ensembles. Have a great summer and see you next year! [01/05/13]
- Rotary Jazz Celebration - April 27th, 7:30pm
- Rotary Music Festival is proud to announce that next Saturday night at Holy Heart Theatre we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary with an evening of jazz. With performances from our two jazz clinicians Pat Boyle and Mike Downes with Bill Brennan, and the Rotary Jazz Band this evening is one not to miss. For more information about the concert and who else will be performing check the Facebook event here! [19/04/13]
- We've Joined Social Media!
- What better way to celebrate 25 years in music making, then connecting with present and former students, educators and staff! Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep informed on this year's festival. [25/02/13]
2014 Festival Dates
Choral Festival: May 4 - 7, 2014
Jazz Festival: May 10 - 11, 2014
Concert Band Festival: May 8 - 9 and
May 12 - 14, 2014
January 31, 2014: Online Registration
April 18, 2014: Seating Plans
April 18, 2014: Jazz Solo Charts
April 18, 2014: Group Bios