- Deadline Reminder
- A reminder to all who have registered for the festival that the deadline for seating charts, jazz solos and ensemble bios is fast approaching - April 18th! Honor award names are also welcomed as soon as decided on. [1/04/14]
- Rotary Jazz Band 2014
- Interested in being a part of the 2014 Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band directed by Steve Haines? Find audition charts and more information here! [17/03/14]
Steven Haines with the 2011 Rotary Jazz Band
- Schedules for 2014 Posted
- The schedules for the clinics and concert programs have been posted. Click here to view them! [7/03/14]
- Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band
- With the cooperation of the Rotary Club of St. John's Northwest Rotary Music Festival is pleased to announce that the "Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band" will once again be a featured group of our annual festival. Jazz Clinician Steve Haines will be the Director of the group. Jazz band members selected for the Rotary Music Festival Jazz Band will prepare for and attend two or three rehearsals prior to the festival and perform as part of the Rotary Music Festival Gala Concert scheduled for Saturday, May 10, 2014.
Auditions will take place on Sunday, April 13, 2014. Students will be asked to prepare an excerpt that will be posted on this website and perform some sight-reading at the audition. All participants of the Rotary Music Festival are eligible to audition. [17/02/14]
- Announcing the 2014 Festival Clinicians!
- Rotary Music Festival is pleased to announce this year's roster of fantastic clinicians. Click here to read more about them. [23/08/13]
- Gerard Yun
- Carol Beynon
- Concert Band
- Colin Clarke
- Jonathan Degenais
- Paula Holcombe
- David McKinney
- Jazz Band
- Shirantha Beddage
- Steve Haines
- 2014 Dates Announced
- The dates for the 2014 Rotary Music Festival are official: May 4 to May 14th! Click here for a complete breakdown of the schedule. [05/06/13]
- Some Testimonials from the 2013 Festival
- "You are a spectacular bunch of people. I can’t thank you enough for the invitation to work with all of these wonderful choirs from across NL. I have had a great time and I have felt very well taken care of during my time here. You are all a special bunch in my books!"
--Scott Leithead, Choral Clinician
"Thank you so much for the well organized music festival. We had a great time in St. John's. I really appreciate the atmosphere at the festival. It was evident that the community is supportive of music education and that the festival promotes the celebration of music making.
I will spread the word in PEI about what a great festival this is. I especially like that we had the opportunity to perform in a night time concert as well as perform for adjudication. I really loved the Jazz Gala concert too. It was inspiring for my students to hear professional musicians as well as students their own age."
--Bluefield High School [07/05/13]
2014 Festival Dates
Choral Festival: May 4 - 7, 2014
Jazz Festival: May 10 - 11, 2014
Concert Band Festival: May 8 - 9 and
May 12 - 14, 2014
January 31, 2014: Online Registration
April 18, 2014: Seating Plans
April 18, 2014: Jazz Solo Charts
April 18, 2014: Group Bios