- Weather Delay
- The festival will be closed for the morning of April 27th, with clinics starting at 11:50am. The concert this evenin (April 27th) will be going ahead. [27/04/16]
- Coaching for Conductors
- During the Rotary Music Instrumental Festival from April 26 – 29, 2016, our instrumental conductors will now have the opportunity to work with a clinician themselves. During the group performances in the daytime clinics, conductors will be able to have an additional clinician provide dedicated commentary on their own performance. The Rotary Music Festival is pleased to have our three concert band clinicians (Reynolds, Dawson and Hopkins) in this project. By observing a live video feed of the clinic, one of our three concert band clinicians will record commentary with the best interests of the conductor in mind by providing constructive and non-judgmental feedback. It is not designed to be an evaluation of any kind, but is instead offered as a meaningful source of professional development. A video file of the conductor’s performance with the clinician’s commentary is privately provided to each conductor for their own independent study. Thanks to the NLTA Music Special Interest Council and the Eastern Division affiliate, Coaching for Conductors is available at no additional cost to participating conductors. [15/04/16]
- Schedules for the 2016 Festival Posted!
- The schedules for the clinics and concert programs have been posted. Click here to view them! [10/03/16]
- Rotary Jazz Band 2016
For over 15 years, the Rotary Music Festival has provided young jazz musicians with the opportunity of participating in the Rotary Jazz Band, which rehearses and performs in an evening concert during the festival.
There year’s band will be directed by one of our jazz clinicians, Patrick Boyle.The purpose of this project is to offer instrumentalists of our festival the opportunity to heighten their appreciation for jazz performance. There will be two rehearsals and one performance associated with this project.
Attendance at all events is mandatory.
Date Time Location Thursday, April 28th 7:00-9:30 pm (Rehearsal) HHM Band Room Friday, April 29 7:00-9:30 pm (Rehearsal) MUN Recital Hall Sunday, May 1 7:00 pm (Concert) Holy Heart Theatre
Festival participants interested in auditioning for this group are asked to notify their band director of their interest by Friday, March 18, 2016. The director is then asked to forward the name of the student, the name of the instrument they play and the student’s phone number and email address to Grant Etchegary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you require any further information regarding the process, please contact me, Grant Etchegary at the above email address. More information will be available on our website shortly. [18/02/16]
- 2016 Dates Announced
- The dates for the 2016 Rotary Music Festival are official: April 26th to May 5th!
The festival structure has changed from previous years and will now work as follows:
Concert Band: Tuesday, April 26th - Friday, April 29thClick here for a complete breakdown of the schedule. [04/09/15]
Jazz Band: Saturday, April 30th - Sunday, May 1st
Choral: Monday, May 2nd - Thursday, May 5th
- Announcing the 2016 Festival Clinicians!
- Rotary Music Festival is pleased to announce this year's roster of fantastic clinicians. Click here to read more about them. [04/09/15]
- Concert Band
- Mark Hopkins
- Jeff Reynolds
- Jacquie Dawson
- Jazz Band
- Patrick Boyle
- Jim Doxas
- Hilary Apfelsadt
- Nicholle Andrews
- Concert Band
- Attention: Parents and Family Members/Rotary Concert Ticket Information
- Concert tickets for all evening concerts at Holy Heart of Mary can be purchased at the door. Concerts begin at 7pm, ticket price $10 Adults/Seniors $5/students.
**Tickets can be purchased by CASH ONLY**.
All clinics are free each day to the public at MUN School of Music. Please see the clinic/concert schedules on our website. [17/04/15]
2016 Festival Dates
Concert Band Festival:April 26 - 29, 2016
Jazz Festival: April 30 - May 1, 2016
Choral Festival: May 2 - 5, 2016
January 31, 2016: Online Registration
April 17th, 2016: Seating Plans
April 17th, 2016: Jazz Solo Charts
April 17th, 2016: Group Bios